Re: Matrox G400 DualHead

Alex,

I've been requesting some information on the Linux Support Forum at Matrox.  The list is very helpful and is a free signup.

I'm hoping between this list and the matrox list I can get some help. Because we both know that the Linux Power Desk and Drivers don't seem to directly support this. But is a feature I used frequently on my windows box.

Anyhow, I will let you know if any answers are found.

Matt

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 14:49, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
* Matthew Reath (reathm@cableconstructors.com) wrote:
> I installed Debian potato on a system with a Matrox G400 DualHead.
>
> I was wondering if anybody has worked with the Matrox Power Desk and
> drivers for XFree86.
>
> I want to setup a TV on the secondary display that I can use Xine/Xawtv
> on full screen and use the primary display has my linux desktop.  You
> can do this in Windows using the DVDMax feature, and I would like to
> simulate this on the Linux platform. If anybody could help me I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

 Matt,

 If you get any replies please forward them to me as I asked this
question twice in the last half a year. No answer, yet. I also tried to
bug a local Linux guru who is deep down into the multihead (last I heard
he was running 6 monitors) and he just said it would be an "interesting
problem to solve", but didn't have any solutions as well. Is there a way
we could get an answer from Matrox? What do you think?

 Alex.

Oleksandr Moskalenko
malex@purdue.edu