Re: Task packages missing??

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:34:48PM -0200, francisco m neto wrote:
> » Colin Watson disse isso e eu digo aquilo:
> > tasksel, as Shaleh said, and it works fine for me. What errors are you
> > seeing, exactly? If you look in /var/lib/dpkg/available do you see any
> > lines beginning with "Task:"? (If not then you might want to try running
> > 'dselect update'.)
>
> 	I tried to use it. However, it kept complaining about task
> packages it could not find (?!).

"Exactly" means an error message I can grep for in tasksel's source.

> 	I didn't know about looking in /var/lib/dpkg/available. Thanks,
> I'll try it.

It sounds very much like you've been running 'apt-get update' for a long
time, so dpkg's available file is out of date. Perhaps there's a
possible workaround in tasksel, although it's primarily (not
exclusively) intended for use in new installs.