Own DNS server inside an existing network

Dear list,

I have a host inside a university network (IP a.b.c.d). There's a DNS
server (out of my control) authoritative for the university's domain
uni.tld and another one (which I can influence) authoritative for
sub.uni.tld. The latter maps my host myhost.sub.uni.tld to the IP
a.b.c.d.

I am the owner of mydomain.tld which is currently hosted by an ISP.
Would it be possible to set up a nameserver at a.b.c.d that will be
authoritative for mydomain.tld given that the ISP allows a custom
nameserver?

What about reverse lookup? What do I have to do to let a.b.c.d resolve
to myhost.mydomain.tld instead of myhost.sub.uni.tld?

Since I seem to have a (fundamental?) lack of knowlwdge in DNS you can
also feed me with recommended reading. Sorry for being OT.

TIA

Stony