Re: kernel panic - no init found

Rory O'Connor wrote:

welp, i'm not sure if linux will ever boot from my hard disk again!  before
I was having a problem with LILO hanging at "LI", and i deemed it a problem
with my SCSI drive.  I unplugged the SCSI drive, rebooted, and the MBR was
found and the boot process began...only to end in failure yet again!  kernel
panic: no init found.

I wonder if the panic is due to the scsi not being there.  but i really
don't have any clue as to what it could be.  any suggestions?

i can boot from floppy just fine, and I believe it's the same exact kernel
that's on the HD (i created them both when i installed).  If all else fails,
is there a way to replace the kernel on the HD with the one on the floppy
that works?

thanks for the help!

rory

Please post your lilo.conf and fstab.