Continuing VooDoo3 Problem

Hi, I just ran test3Dfx and it can't find the VooDoo3 board! ... Then it
segfaults! I am working on installing the 3dfx device now, but even when I
had it installed, Quake 3 still ran at 1 fps, even at 16bpp in XFree86 (I
think 3.3.6, it's whatever version comes with the Disc 1 2.2.19pre17 Debian
ISO). I have all the packages I seem to need and have ./configure'd, make'd,
and make install'ed MESA 4.0 and placed the Mesa-4.0 dir in the /usr
directory, but I still have the same problems. I compiled in DRI and VooDoo 3
drivers into the kernel. Can't find tdfx .. where is it in make xconfig?

Thanks,
Deven Gallo