floppy install on 486dx/33 w/ no CDROM

I'm trying to do an install on a 486dx/33 w/ no CDROM, using 3.5" floppies.  I did a rawrite2 of resc1440.bin to boot and repartition.  When it came time for the kernel
install, I can't find the requisite files.  It asks for a rescue floppy, which I thought this was, but the installer is asking for other media.  I have read of a drivers floppy (drv1440.bin) and some base file floppies (base14-1.bin, ...14-2.bin, etc. on thru 14-7.bin), but can't find them on the CD which accompanied the O'Reilly GNU/Linux book I picked up.  This is kernel 2.0.36, which I realize is kinda old, but so is my system.  I just want a dedicated linux box that I can poke around on and get command happy, and all for now.

I went to the Debian.org site, tried an ftp site, but got messages saying I didn't have "permission".

I guess I could go and get a CDROM and try an install that way, but don't think the BIOS is up to that (AMI circa 1993).

Trolling about for ideas,
Chris Nestor
cnestor@vcu.org