Newbie question

Hi,

I'm pretty new to debian. I've installed debian on my box. No I am having a
number of problems.

1. When I tried to install the sawfish I get the following message :

checking for XineramaQueryScreens in -lXinerama ...no
checking for rep -version >= 0.14 ... configure: error: version 0.9;
require 0.14

2. For some reason I have both  window makers in the same time. I get the
defailt debian xwindow window maker GNUstep and gnome. How do I get rid of
the the GNUstep inside gnome.

3. The most important question that i have is how do I change from being
stable to being unstable. Where the ftp. resource list and how do I modify
it to change from a stable debian to unstable. Can I change from stable to
unstable without breaking anything?

Thanks !
O.