Re: Virus warning on this mailing list

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 10:56:00AM -0800, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Dominic Y. Deferia wrote:
>
> > I have recently seen the presence of Nimbda virus in this mail list (I
> > always see files ATTnumbers.eml). This is an indication of Nimbda virus.  To
> > get rid of this virus go to Fsecure website and download the program for
> > nimbda virus. Update your anti-virus programs. good luck.
>
> 1) It's spelled Nimda (it's Admin spelled backwards), 2) Windows worms
> are on-topic here how?

Call it "list administration" instead of "discussion" and you can fit it
in your on-topic box.
The reality is that people on this list use windows.  Therefore, people
who are not immune to this virus have been exposed.  I cannot speak for
any but myself, but I consider it unethical to keep silent when I know
someone's system may have been infected or comprimised.

-ben

--
Ben Hartshorne	...Discarding smoothly, as we disembark,
ben@hartshorne.net All thoughts that held us wiser for a moment