Re: cyrus: how to make it authenticate against unix users?

nate wrote:

> nate said:
> > Erik Steffl said:
> >>  I would like to set the cyrus authentification to work with unix
> >>  users
> >> that are defined on the system. How do I set it up? I though it
> >> would work with pam but when I set up pam:
> >>

> > what version of cyrus? on both versions in potato and woody
>
> from another post seems your using a unofficial version
> of cyrus, in which case your best off asking the maintainer
> of that package for assistance.

  sorry, I forgot to tell which cyrus package I use but I thought that
it's more the issue of pam as used by cyrus. I mean why doesn't pam
authentificate user? it seems like it's working for other programs and I
didn't set anything special for those (cron).

here's my setup (these are unofficial cyrus packages from
www.boxedpenguin.com):

jojda:~>dpkg -l \*cyrus\*|grep ^ii
ii  cyrus-admin    1.5.19-9       CMU Cyrus mail system (administration
tool)
ii  cyrus-common   1.6.24-2       CMU Cyrus mail system (common files)
ii  cyrus-imapd    1.6.24-2       CMU Cyrus mail system (IMAP support)
ii  cyrus-nntp     1.6.24-2       CMU Cyrus mail system (NNTP support)

  in /etc/imapd.conf

sasl_pwcheck_method: PAM

  in /etc/pam.d/cyrus (I left out the comments):

auth            required                pam_unix.so nullok
account required                pam_unix.so

  the error message in /var/log/auth:

Nov 17 06:33:27 localhost PAM_unix[22917]: authentication failure;
(uid=110) -> erik for imap service

  TIA

	erik