Re: GPG Signature

I don't know whether you want to include a lot of gpg usage information in your howto on Mutt and GPG but here's what I had to do to export my key to the key server and validate that it was exported.

Assuming that the key is created already which may be a big assumption:
gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --send-keys eric
gpg --list-keys eric
gpg --recv-keys 0xA0EBA1B6

The first line updates the specified keyserver with the key for the person whose first name is specified (in this case, me).
The second line lists the values for the person specified (first name) so that they key id can be retrieved. I knew what value to look at from looking at your key and documentation and deducing it.
The third line retrieves the key from the keyserver, thus validating that the key was successfully updated to the keyserver by line 1.

I'd be happy to draft a paragraph on generating a key if you wanted to get to that level of detail and thought it might be helpful.

I also attempted to use keyserver pgp.ai.mit.edu and got the message that:
gpg: can't connect to `pgp.ai.mid.edu': Connection refused

I also attempted to use keyserver search.keyserver.net and got the message:
gpg: error sending to `search.keyserver.net': eof

I really appreciate your Howto. Its the best explanation on the whole signing/encrypting/securing of email that I've read.

Eric [eric@dimension11.net www.dimension11.net]