Re: Opinions on Laptops to Install With Debian

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 10:22:37AM +1100, Simon Wong wrote:
| On Sun, 2001-11-18 at 03:33, dman wrote:
| > part).  The only problem I have is if I close the cover I lose the
| > NIC.  I have to re-insert it and cycle the interface.
|
| Have you got apmd installed

no

| with "apm=on

no -- it is part of my compile-time configuration (custom kernel)

| apm=power-off" appended to your

no, but it does power off very nicely (if I don't close the cover
before it is done ;-), then it finishes powering off when I open the
cover again)

| Also, check out vergil.chemistry.gatech.edu/~park/dell.html for some
| good pointers on power management.

I will, thanks.  A quick glance looks like it could be helpful, even
though he has a different NIC.

-D