Re: How long has your Linux system been up ?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 08:58:50AM -0600, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
> | Just curious how long people have left their system running
> | without reboot.
> | I once left my server at a co-locate for over 3 months and it ran
> | fine.  In
> | three years, I have never had to reboot because of crash.
> |
> | I have rebooted about once every 3 to 4 months (guessing average) after
> | maintenance.  This was voluntary, not necessary.  I don't run X either
> | (dedicated server mail/ftp/web).  Anyone have any really long times for X
> | and non-X systems?
> |
> | Paul
>
> There was a post from Will Trillich on sept 14 about his box being up just
> over a year.  I bet it's still going.  I have a postgresql database server
> that gets constant use that has not had a hiccup in 67 days.  I don't recall
> why I rebooted back then, probably a kernel update.  I also have a test box
> (email/web/playground) that is frequently months without reboot.

yep, i'm still alive (and so's our server):

apache/ftp/sshd server still going.... :)

we had a near-miss when the power went down for over an hour
during a nasty windstorm where we thought we'd lose our maple
trees for good. i shut everything else down that the ups was
guarding, and sweated it out--the other linux box had only
[ 'ONLY' :) ] been up for 160+ days, and that's where i run X and
konqueror and rxvt/ssh (to get into the real server). it's been
25 days ago, according to my X unit's uptime:

	$ uptime
	 11:06am  up 25 days, 18:46,  4 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.14, 0.11

when we upgrade to woody, i'm thinking i'll have to restart
(gotta have the new kernel and all, you know)...

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #72 from USM Bish <bish@nde.vsnl.net.in>
: