Re: Opinions on Laptops to Install With Debian

Mark Seven Smith <pampaluz@home.com> writes:
> Someone recently pointed me towards eBay regarding my video
> card delimma; but when I considered the matter, what I
> *really* want, is a LAPTOP, than I can use from bed (i have
> some health difficulties) for learning Linux, and doing a
> lot of paperless reading...

  I'm typing this from my IBM T20 in bed with an 802.11 PCMCIA card
  for connectivity. It's a pretty solid, small, lightweight laptop.

  Have to say that I prefer a touchpad mouse over the Thinkpad mouse
  though. And I wish the Alt key was where the Function key is. Well,
  heck, I just noticed that xev shows that X gets the function key
  press. C-x C-f ~/.Xmodmap RET...

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!