Re: What's causing my demand ppp to connect?

Randy Orrison said:
> I'm a relative newbie to Linux and Debian (though in a former life
> I was a Unix sysadmin).  I've installed potato r3, upgraded to
> 2.2r4, and had my pppd working fine, dialling out on demand at

try running a network sniffer like iptraf, keep it
up and watch the packets..then use lsof or fuser
to try to map the ports to the program(s) that
are trying to use the connection.

also reccomend disconnecting the system from any LAN
incase some machine on the LAN is generating the packets.
or keep it up the network sniffer will catch it.

or firewall the box and have the firewall log the
packets.

nate