Re: corrupted partion table

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 11:34:02PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> fdisk *only* modifies the partition table.  It's not touching the data
> on it, so you can try combinations without fear.  I think (and have been
> through this, but if anyone knows differently, speak up).  Your next

No no, it's not that simple:)  Each extended/logical partition has its
own partition table and some spare room at the beginning of its allocated
partition space.  So when one of your extended/logical partitions gets
mislocated it *will* overwrite sectors it shouldn't touch and quite
likely destroy some data.

--
groetjes, carel