Mozilla not sending email

Hi all

I just started using mozilla today after getting a little tired of Netscape's
quirks (scroll wheel problems in particular). The amount of configuration in
Mozilla is a vast improvement. Anyway, I can't seem to be able to send any
email with mozilla's email client. It keeps giving me an error message
telling me to verify my settings or that the server is down. Well if you're
seeing this the latter is definitely not true and I've used the same settings
as here in KMail. I even tried throwing smtp:// ahead of the server name, to
no effect. I tried a different known server and the same thing happened.
I'm using mozilla from unstable, 0.9.5.

Anyone had this problem before/have a suggestion?
--
David P. James
Third Year Economics

The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe.
-Dr. Leonard McCoy, Star Trek IV