Re: Mozilla not sending email

David P James wrote:

Hi all

I just started using mozilla today after getting a little tired of Netscape's quirks (scroll wheel problems in particular). The amount of configuration in Mozilla is a vast improvement. Anyway, I can't seem to be able to send any email with mozilla's email client. It keeps giving me an error message telling me to verify my settings or that the server is down. Well if you're seeing this the latter is definitely not true and I've used the same settings as here in KMail. I even tried throwing smtp:// ahead of the server name, to no effect. I tried a different known server and the same thing happened.
I'm using mozilla from unstable, 0.9.5.

Anyone had this problem before/have a suggestion?

I'm using mozilla 0.9.5 email client with no problem on a woody box. To get the SMTP to work, I had to check use name and password.

--
Jerome