Re: Does Netscape cause lockups?

Anthony Campbell wrote:

> I'm still desperately seeking the cause of intermittent total lockups
> which occur every few days, always when I'm online. I think, but not
> sure, that Netscape  (4.77) has always been running at these times.
> Kernel 2.4.13ac at present.
>
> Has anyone seen this?

Does your hard disk light start flashing constantly when this happens?
What I used to see with Netscape 4.x was that if I entered too much text
in an editor widget in a web form, Netscape would freak out and the
whole system would thrash itself to death. I don't recall what kernel
I was running back then, but it was probably in the 2.2 series.

This has not happened to me since switching to Mozilla, a far superior
browser in every respect (well, starting with 0.9.4, at least).

Craig