Re: Will the Progeny graphical install process inspire our developers ?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 03:49:14PM -0800, Dmitriy wrote:
> What exactly does make a GUI install easier?
>
> It is a lot more hassle, and not much use.
>
> I agree that installer can be made more userfriendly proably for some
> people, but there can be a nice Curses based install.
>
> I think many people on this list share this point of view :-)

Hey,

Recently Ian Murdock spoke at my local LUG, he said that he thought it would
be great if Progeny's installer was incorporated into the debian tree.

BTW I also prefer the curses installer, so I believe the graphical installer
should be on a seperate set of boot disks or something.

Cameron Matheson