Re: OT: How long has your Linux system been up ?

Dave Sherohman <esper@sherohman.org> wrote on 15/11/2001 (16:53) :
> At one time, leaving a machine on overnight consumed less power than
> rebooting it (i.e., shutting down and powering back up wasted more
> resources than just leaving it on).  Is that still the case?

This cannot be right. We are not talking about planes taking off here. I
don't see how you can brun off all the watts the machine use during 16
hours outside work-time in the seconds you use to shutting down and
powering back up. Why would the machine need more power then and less
later?

Preben
--
«Don't use C;  In my opinion,  C is a library programming language
 not an app programming language.»  - Owen Taylor (GTK+ developer)

Use Ada 95, a free language. More info at http://www.adapower.com/