Re: OT: How long has your Linux system been up ?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 05:44:02AM +0000, root wrote:
> this topic is inherently redundant. if the system environment justifies
> staying up, it stays up. if not, staying up is a waste of resources. can
> we close this before the group is reduced to redundancy itself?

*sigh*  You seem to have completely missed the point of Tom's post.
To summarize:

At one time, leaving a machine on overnight consumed less power than
rebooting it (i.e., shutting down and powering back up wasted more
resources than just leaving it on).  Is that still the case?

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery