Re: How long has your Linux system been up ?

On 15 Nov 2001, Mike Dresser wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
>
> > There was a post from Will Trillich on sept 14 about his box being up just
> > over a year.  I bet it's still going.  I have a postgresql database server
> > that gets constant use that has not had a hiccup in 67 days.  I don't recall
> > why I rebooted back then, probably a kernel update.  I also have a test box
> > (email/web/playground) that is frequently months without reboot.
> >

> I just rebooted about 10 systems, to move to 2.2.20, from 2.2.19.. Some
> were in the 200+ range(211, 233, 220), with a bunch in the near 100's(113,
> 93, 89), and the rest down in the 20's and 30's, due to various upgrades.
>
> I had a system at a remote plant with 300+ days, running 2.2.16, that I
> finally had to pull the plug on when we sold the plant.  It was very tempting
> to take it and the attached UPS back to the office, to see how long it would
> have ran. =)
>
> My main systems here at the office would have much higher uptimes, but we
> have an MCSE with access to the server room.
>
> Mike

Mine is going at about 2 days at the moment :-((

At that point the system usually locks up when I'm on line -
kernel-2.4.13ac, with ext3 so at least there is no damage when I press
the reboot button.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]