Re: Laptop install, console screen small

You can try dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and
during that choose 1024x768 as the window size..  I'm
guess that you accepted the options that it provided
to you when you first did your setup.  Or you can go
in an edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and in there add the
1024x768 option.  That is the screen size that I use
on my HP Pavilion.