Re: Debian-lilo

> Windows rewrites the MBR on install and makes itself the default OS by
> setting it's own partition active.
>
> To fix this you can either:
>
> 1) Boot from a Linux boot disk (such as you hopefully made during the
> Debian install) and reinstall Lilo.

1.5) Boot from debian Rescue disk, (mostly the diskette used to start the
installation of debian gnu/linux, and the choose 'Execute a shell',
there mount the root of your linux (e.g. in /mnt) , then edit lilo.conf
(/mnt/etc/lilo.conf) (adding window$ or other trash) and then:
#lilo -r /mnt (see man lilo for reference of -r option if in doubt)