Re: Debian-lilo

Windows rewrites the MBR on install and makes itself the default OS by
setting it's own partition active.

To fix this you can either:

1) Boot from a Linux boot disk (such as you hopefully made during the
Debian install) and reinstall Lilo.

2) Boot from a DOS/Win9XX boot disk and run fdisk to set the Linux
partition active. On reboot Linux should boot, then reinstall Lilo.

For future use, it's also good to have a self contained Linux around,
either on floppy or CD, from which you can boot and make these kinds of
repairs. A good floppy disk is tomsrtbt, and if you can burn CDs, look
into the LNX-BBC - it fits on a business card CD and has just about
everything you could possibly need on it.

Here's the links for those two:

http://www.toms.net/rb/
http://www.lnx-bbc.org/

Tom