Trouble getting webmin-postfix; apt-get says perl isn't installed but it is

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem trying to install webmin-postfix. I
apt-get installed webmin-ssl .89 (but when I run it it displays as .88). I
had previously installed webmin (no ssl) and manually installed Net:SSLeay,
etc., but I don't think that has anything to do with it (I didn't realize
there was a deb package for webmin-ssl -- I should have looked! the manual
install didn't work).

I tried to apt-get install postfix-webmin, but it tells me that:

towanda:/home/jen# dpkg --install webmin-postfix_0.89-1_all.deb
Selecting previously deselected package webmin-postfix.
(Reading database ... 11994 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking webmin-postfix (from webmin-postfix_0.89-1_all.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of webmin-postfix:
 webmin-postfix depends on perl; however:
  Package perl is not installed.
dpkg: error processing webmin-postfix (--install):

However, Perl is installed:

  perl: Depends: perl-5.004 but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: perl-5.004-doc but it is not going to be installed
  perl-5.005-base: Conflicts: perl but 5.004.05-2 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify
olution).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jen