Re: Re: OT: How long has your Linux system been up ?

nate wrote:

Johnny Ernst Nielsen said:

I think the uptime counter counts up to 497 days, and then it
starts all over again. So currently we would not have any reports
positively documenting more than 497 days of uptime.
I read somewhere that the time is counted in "jiffies" where one

i believe that bug was fixed in linux a few years ago.

theres no longer a 497 day limit ..

nate

IIRC Jay Nugent of lugwash fame had a 486 that topped over 1000 days of uptime on 1/1/00. I think he suffered a massive power failure shortly after that and he lost his uptime.

He had some kind of set-up using a rack of 12-Volt automotive batteries to create the UPS from Hell and a gas generator behind that to give him back-up power to the tune of days. He has an ISP in his tool shed.