sendmail and disk quotas (was Re: Troubleshooting sensible-mda)

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got some messages sitting in my mail queue that are deferred, with this
> message:
>
> local mailer (/usr/lib/sm.bin/sensible-mda) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL
>
> I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot the sensible-mda program, and therefore
> can't work out where the problem might be.
>
> I'm using a built-from-source version 8.12.1-2 of sendmail-tls
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

It would appear that this problem was related to the fact that the
specific user in question had reached their disk quota.

I'm assuming it's actually the MDA sendmail is configured to use and not
so much sendmail's problem to deal with quotas?

In this case, how can I configure the MDA to bounce messages with a fatal
error if the specific user's disk quota has been exceeded?

Andrew