Re: vorbis encoder/decoder for potato machine?

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 05:21:25PM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:
| Stephen Gran wrote:
|
| > Thus spake Eric Richardson:
| >>
| >>The problem I had is that XMMS 1.2.5 is needed to use the ogg plugin and
| >>this won't compile as it needs:
| >>gnomexmms.c:24: applet-widget.h: No such file or directory
| >>
| > That comes from libpanel-applet-dev. :-)
|

| Wouldn't you know someone would look at this message when just after I
| posted I got xmms to compile by locating the dev package above. Xmms
| will not work though: neither the compiled or the apt-get'ted version.
| It just races thru the file but produces no sound. I must have messed

This is an issue with the output plugin.  Go through your preferences
and make sure you choose the correct output plugin with the correct
options.  The output plugin is what determines how fast it "plays".
For example, if you were using the wavfile output plugin, you wouldn't
want to wait several minutes when the conversion doesn't take that
long.

HTH,
-D