Re: EMail list software - mailman with tomcat

In line

dman wrote:

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 09:43:52PM -0600, hanasaki wrote:
| EMail list software - mailman with tomcat
| | I am having trouble getting this to work. See errors below. Anyone get | Mailman to work with tomcat 4? FYI: the cgibin exec runs fine from | the command line.

I've never used mailman (except as a list member) and have barely
touched tomcat, however I am a python programmer so :

|         Traceback:

Good to include this! <I am a geek from way back :)>

| Traceback (innermost last):
|   File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 112, in run_main
|     main()
|   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 59, in main
|     FormatAdminOverview()
|   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 220, in FormatAdminOverview
|     welcome_items = (welcome_items +
|   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 424, in GetNestingLevel
|     if path[0] <> '/':
| IndexError: string index out of range

I would guess that the variable 'path' is an empty string.  Put the
line
   print "path is '%s'" % path

just above that line to see (on stdout) what the value is before you
get the error.

Also, you mentioned mailman 1.1, but I think 2.0.7 was just released a
day or two ago.  You should upgrade if you can, since it may be a
problem that has already been fixed. <would love to but 'stable' is needed in production and 2.07 is not in stable>

-D