Re: rsync with ssh problem

Quoting Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>:

Hi Brian,
I usually get that message when rsync isn't installed
on my "remote" computer.
Perhaps double check rsync is installed on both machines.
Using ssh with rsync is cool.
I usually setup a seperate key to go along with ssh and rsync.
The key created has no passphrase, and therefore you can
use ssh with rsync in a cronjob.
ex rsync command.

rsync -av -e 'ssh -i /home/user/.ssh/sshkey' hostname:/home/* /home/spot/

There's a web page to check out:
http://www.dhs.org/pipermail/systalk/2001-February/015392.html

HTH,

Mike