rsync with ssh problem

I'm trying to run rsync over ssh with a command such as:

$ rsync -v -e ssh some_file another_computer:.

or any other permutation of the command, but I get the not-so-verbose
error message:

bash: rsync: command not found
unexpected EOF in read_timeout

Presumably, the command in question is ssh, since it doesn't show up
if I use rsh.  I've also tried 'export RSYNC_RSH="ssh"' and not using
the -e option without success.

I can ssh and use cvs with ssh to "another_computer" just fine.

Any suggestions?

ii  rsync            2.4.6-1          fast remote file copy program (like rcp)
ii  ssh              2.9p2-6          Secure rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement (OpenSSH)

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>