Re: xscreensaver on woody

On 11 Nov 2001, Michael Heldebrant wrote:

> > /etc/alternatives/x-session-manager does not exist.  Should it, and if
> > yes, what should it point to?
>
> It should only point to something if you have an x-session-manager
> installed.  If you don't there's no point in having it exist.

What's an x-session-manager?  Do I need one?

> > > Have you also tried making your .xsession:
> > > xscreensaver &
> > > exec icewm (or whatever the command is, I don't know)
> >
> > I'll try that next.

Well that didn't work either... I'm at a complete loss.

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus