Re: Frustration (cablemodem woes)

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Stephen Gran wrote:

> What distro is this?  I remember dhcp-client from potato didn't work so
> well for me, but the one from Woody has been great - same provider, so
> we're all in the same boat with the (maybe) impending bankruptcy.  I

The bankruptcy already happened from what I heard.  We're just waiting
on wether or not we become yet another part of AT&T Data Services.

> would look in other places if the static setup is also failing - it
> sounds like you might have bad NIC module or something, if you're
> properly negotiating a connection, but getting a really slow one that
> fails after a little while.  Maybe post details of what NIC and what
> driver?

I vaguely remember the NIC being to blame for a similar situation back
in high school...but that was a long time ago (relative to
software...2.0.36 was considered bleeding edge)

--
Baloo