php4 on testing is unistallable

php4 in testing insists that it needs an earlier version

I've upgrade to testing:

Then I try this:
bravo:/home/alex# apt-get install php4
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested
an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that
some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of
Incoming.
Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that the
package is simply not installable and a bug report against that package
should be filed. The following information may help to resolve the situation:

Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:   php4: Depends:
apache-common (< 1.3.19.1) but 1.3.22-2 is to be installed E: Sorry, broken
packages

--------------------

I am able to force the stable version to work by doing the following:
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf:
APT::Default-Release "testing"

/etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

apt-get update

apt-get install apache-common/stable
apt-get install apache/stable
apt-get php4/stable
apt-get php-mysql/stable

This restores my php4 functionaly to what it was before
I upgrade to testing, however, if at this point I run
apt-get dist-upgrade, it will upgrade my apache version
and REMOVE my php4 and php-mysql!!!!

Alex Miller