Re: weird nvidia problem in unstable

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 10:03:02PM +0100, Victor Julien wrote:
> Hmmm, weird, tried your suggestion, and now it works fine. Even with
> libc6-2.2.4-5. I thought that 'make install' in the nvidia_glx directory
> removed all conflicting files...
>
> Well, everything is fine now.
> Thanx

Sorry for not following this up sooner. I'd also posted this on
debian-devel before I realized I'd faild to RTFM. So I followed up there
with an apology. You're not crazy though. make install did indeed seem to
take care of that before. Its why I thought theproblem was somewhere else.
A kind soul sent me this script which checks your nvidia configuration. It
doesnt need special privleges to run, it just checks things. It doesnt fix
them. Anyways, the url to my copy is here:
http://hades.neverlight.com/nv_check.sh

Its quite handy.

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)