Was I hacked into? who is user "nobody"? please help....

Hi all,

a few minutes ago I heard my PC getting into a lot of fuss over something, the HDD was spinning like crazy... so I looked at "top" and found that user "nobody" was running a "find" comand....

Now, is this a bad thing?  it SURE looks liek one.

Thanks a lot,

Gianguido

PS please carbon copy your answers to this address too: I am not on the list cos I don't know enough even to help the newest of newbies :-(