Installation

I recently downloaded Debian 2.2 r3 and am trying to install. I boot from
cd-rom and when I get to Install Operating System Kernel and Modules it asks
where I want to install from, I say from the cd-rom drive, it tells me to
enter the first cd-rom, so I do, and then I get prompted to enter the rescue
disk. What is that and how do I get it?

And another thing...
"Linux is capable of reading and writing information in the Windows VFAT file
system format. This means that we can access information on the Windows
partition of the hard drive even when we're running Linux. But to facilitate
this capability, we'll need to initialize the Windows partition.

So select "mount a previously initialized partition" and create a directory
name where your Windows partition will be accessed. A name like "/win98"
or "/windows" will do just fine."

How does this work, is it similar to Wine?

Thank you,
Chase