Re: Thoghts on a computer as a stero component?

* Stan Brown (stanb@awod.com) spake thusly:

> Seroiousl what have people done for computers used promarliy as a steror
> system component? Seems to me tahe niose sheidling would be priority No.1,
> followed closely by a reasonably compact design, and then, a failry smalle,
> but usuable display.
>
> What have people used here?

I'm using a Gateway PPro 200, with a 17" display.  I had a special
cabinet built: 1/2 houses my components (surround sound amp, DVD, VCR,
etc.) and the other 1/2 houses my computer, DVDs, etc.  I output from
the computer through the surround sound, and this lets me access all of
my mp3s, ogs, whatever.  The display, to date, has been overkill,
because I don't run X on the it.  However, I'm planning on upgrading the
video card soon, so....
--