Re: run dselect for remote machine (nfs+chroot?)

Hans Ekbrand wrote:

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 01:52:23AM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:

I have slow 486DX2 (20MB) running woody as router.

I realize memory swaps out frequently when I run dselect.

I have 486DX 33 12 Mb, and found out that after selecting packages to
install I could reduce the memory used by dselect by quitting dselect
and then restart and go directly to install.

I finally gave up dselect and am now relying only on apt.

/Hans Ekbrand

Besides being "user friendly" is there any that dselect does that apt-get cannot do? The only thing that I'm aware of is that there can be different files upgraded when I select 'dselect' over 'apt-get upgrade'
Or am I just suffering from a mis-conception?