Re: Multiple SCSI Drives

on 11/6/01 7:19 PM using moldy cheese scnichols@ucdavis.edu engraved this
message

> I have a question about using more than one SCSI disk wil ext2 file
> systems on them.  It has been my experience with m68k Mac's that the
> system will hang after a while when it has to deal with more than one
> SCSI disk.  It doesn't seem to matter what kind of Mac I am using.  The
> results are the same.  I am using version 2.2.19 of the kernel.  Has
> anyone else noticed this?  Is there a solution?  Thanks.
>
> Steve Nichols
> scnichols@ucdavis.edu

i have a Q800 running 2.2r3 (just updated to 2.2.19 kernel tonight...) and
only time i have problems with lockup during scsi access is during long
reads (i.e. reading a long file sequentially...) but i have three drives
in my Q800 with no problems... this is my scsi setp...

2gig
  mounted on /

700meg
  64meg Mac OS boot (mounted on /hfs in linux)
  128meg swap
  ~480meg mounted on /home

CD-ROM

SCSI analyzer