Xscreensaver-GL (sid) and nvidia

Without launching into a flame war about the virtues of open source drivers
for video cards, has anyone else had problems with the xscreensaver-GL
package and the nvidia driver (build 1541)? The GL screensaver (any of them)
will work the first time, but will not thereafter. I don't see any error
messages (just a blank screen). If I restart the xscreensaver daemon, then
they will work again (once, and then I have to do the same thing to get it
working again). I've tried rebuilding the GLX and kernel module components.
Everything works if I swap in my Radeon card. Current version is
xscreensaver-GL 3.33-5. I didn't have this problem with previous versions of
xscreensaver-GL (3.33-3 specifically).

Thanks,

*****
Josh Morris