Re: Progeny -> woody?

On Saturday 10 November 2001 09:23, Stan Brown wrote:
> I've looked at the Progeny page on this, and it looks a bit
> scary to atempt on a machine that I need to keep working.
>
> Can anyone thta has atempted this give me some feedback?
> Sucess, _and_ failure stories apprecited. Also some cometary
> on what nice features might have disapeared in this "upgrade".
>
> Thanks.

The only things I've noticed so far is the desktop icons refuse
to be anything but folders, and the font which describes them
also refuses to display unless you select the folder.  Also,
woody's version of gdm isn't as "pretty" and it removes the
System menu so you can't reboot from the login screen.  You will
have to use the config utility for gdm to fix that (can't
remember the name of it).

Other than that, the only things I've noticed have all been
talked about on the lists which makes me assume they are woody
issues, not progeny->woody upgrade issues.

HTH,
Jesse