apt-get download for remote machine

I have a very slow internet connection at home, but a fast one at
work.

What I would like to do is an apt-get update on the home machine,
take some ouputted list of files which need to be updated, use the
machine at work to download those on the list, and transfer the files
(say via CD, zip or other media) back home and place them in
/var/cache/apt/archives, making apt-get happy.

I am not sure how to generate the list, or get apt-get or wget to act
on this.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom