Re: cannot set DISPLAY from remote machine

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 09:31, Lars Jensen wrote:
> Recently I installed woody on three machines and I am having the same
> problem on all of them:
>
> When I try to export DISPLAY from a remote machine to any of the
> three woody machines I get the error:
>
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
>
> (I did not forget to do the xhost + to allow access).
>
> What is the problem here? -I didn't have this problem with potato. Did I
> overlook something in the installation of XFree 4 ?
As fare as I can remember XF 4 has tcp/ip listing off by default. I
guess you have set this during the configuration. You have to turn this
on again, otherwise it does not work.

I cannot remember which package it was that you have to dpkg-reconfigure

Someone else?

Bye, Steffen