How to use the driver-1.bin image?

Hi, deal all

I want to use the files in /dist/stable/mail/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/compact on the Debian official CD-Rom. There're three files in this directory:

driver-1.bin
rescue.bin
root.bin

I know that rescue.bin is a fat12 image, and root.bin is a gziped ram disk. I successfuly copied these images to floppies by using `dd'. But what the format of driver-1.bin? I used `file' to determin its type. But `file' only said it's data. I also copied it to a floppy using `dd' but had no idea how to use it. Any advice? Please `CC' to my own e-mail address. Thank you very much.

best regards,
Dai Yuwen