Re: Unable to compile a bootable kernel, or, how do I make a romfs?

Hi,

It sound like the same or very similar problem I had with every single 2.4.x
kernel I've tied.
In my case LILO started loading and after putting some dots on the screen
the PC just rebooted.
My guess is that it couldn't mount the root filesystem, allthough I'm not
sure as I'm fairly new to this.
(I've compiled several versions of 2.4.10 2.4.12-ac6 with or without initrd
enabled to no avail.
My 2.2.19pre17 kernel works fine with the samer lilo config, though.)

I've posted several messages to this list on that, but nobody replied,
expect for someone guessing that
it might be initrd. Which I'm not sure as I compiled versions without even
ramdisk or loadable module support
and it still didn't work.
I've still no solution to it.

So if you manage to solve it, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me what was it!
Many thanks in advance!
brgds,
Balazs