Re: Unable to compile a bootable kernel, or, how do I make a romfs?

On Thu, 2001-11-08 at 11:52, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> 	Not sure I follow what you're trying to do with cramfs but I've
> not had to use the cramfs packaging at all... I just use mkinitrd in the
> initrd-tools package and haven't had a problem...

Done that, to no effect.  All I'm trying to do is get a freaking kernel
compiled and booted.  I snarfed 2.4.13 from kernel.org, applied the
patches I need successfully, and compiled with make-kpkg.

I installed the resulting kernel-image, checked all the linking, built
an initrd with mkinitrd, dropped it in /boot, linked to it from where
lilo expects it, and ran lilo successfully.

At boot, the new kernel cannot find the ramdisk and fails to mount it,
then panics.

I never had these problems prior to moving to initrd stuff.  8(

-- Cerebus