Re: Newbie comments & queries

Brenda et al, hi.

> As another poster said, don't experiment in root.
> Log in as a regular user and experiment there.

OK, point taken, I will not fiddle in root. :(

I am studying your essay on drives and directories. I will play
around this evening and find my floppy. I am expecting that it
will show the files, and presumeably I will be able to read a text
file but nothing else.

I have feelers out for some ram but am not going to worry too much
about a gui at present. Plenty to learn at the prompt.

OK, when I get the floppy and the printer (see my post re getting
a margin) sorted, I will look at the next step.

In fact with my 28.8 external modem coming up in a few weeks I
should look at installing packages to turn the m/c into a dial up
for email. That means installing another serial port as the only
one is used for the mouse.  Hold on until I ask the questions, I
will read the books and man pages first.

regards
Ian
    Ian Balchin
    Grahamstown, South Africa.