Re: imap server

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Robert L. Harris wrote:

>   I need to throw up an IMAP server for my mother in law.  I'm looking for
> a package (sid compatable) that'll take 2 mins to configure and 0
> maintenance.

uw-imapd - remote mail folder access server for Pine and others

IMAP (the Interactive Mail Access Protocol) is a mechanism for accessing
mail folders and the messages in them remotely, ie with your user mail
program running on a different machine to the one where all the messages
are stored.

This protocol for remote mail access is supported by Pine and by some
DOS/Windows and Macintosh MUA's (Mail User Agents).

I use sid myself...

--
Baloo